Housekeeper’s Summertime Bulletin
Housekeeper’s Summertime Bulletin
Happy Wednesday Honeybuns: I have got so very much to say and so very little time in which to say it – how Mom’s who need to leave the house to work during the Summer holidays manage I will never, ever understand. But I truly take my hat off to you all, because keeping one eleven year old entertained while trying to keep a blog alive strikes me as an order tall enough to be getting on with let alone having to arrange childcare, create memories, run a house and commute backwards and forwards to a job!
Anyways, I am here this morning to let you know what is happening here at Chez Brocante and how I see the rest of the Summer panning out here on the site…
* Let me start by saying a huge thank-you to all those of you who took part in this week’s Pay What You Want event: you are always so very generous and each and every one of your purchases helps to keep BrocanteHome on-line, so it is hard to express how very grateful I am to each and every one of you.
* That said Housekeepers, once again so very many of you have made a payment without telling me what download you want and I’m all of a fluster trying to get in touch with you all to arrange delivery of your chosen PDF’s, so if you haven’t yet told me which download you would like I would be so grateful if you could email me as soon as possible so we can deliver what you have so kindly paid for.
* On the same note, if you have told me what you would like delivering and you do not seem to have received it, please, please, please do an in-box search for “Send Owl” (the app I use to automagically deliver your downloads) before you contact me. In all but one of the cases you have reported in the past few days, items ordered over the weekend were delivered to your in-box but had unfortunately been filtered, so do check before you contact me pretty please…
* Next up for you my lovely Superstars! Everyone who still had access to the the Superstar Salon should have received a short inbox message stating that the Superstar salon is back today and that no further fee’s would be due from existing members until Christmas 2015 in lieu of recent delays. Today the salon is available to view and chat in, and all lovely new members who signed up over the weekend will receive invitations to our inner sanctum at some point this afternoon…
* However, having spent the past two days closely studying the format of the Salon and the limitations of Ning, the company I use to host it, I have decided that in the next couple of weeks I will be moving the entire Salon, lock, stock and shiny, chatty barrel over to a new host, the membership options will be extended so that more of you can join in an affordable fashion, and downloading all the PDF’s will be infinitely easier.
* Therefore as soon as the NEW salon is ready, existing members need do nothing other than wait for their new login details and we will all be good to go! This has been a difficult decision to undertake, but it is in line with many other web entrepreneurs, including Leonie Dawson, who have all made similar moves away from Ning, in order to grow and I hope you will be just a teeny bit more patient as all the i’s are dotted during the transition.
* Nothing should be lost in the transition but if you are worried then please do use the time before the move to save any of the existing posts, forum conversations etc. to your own computer, and please rest assured you will be contacted in good time before the Ning site is closed completely.
* Finally Finley and I are going away with my Dad and my sisters family on Friday night to the little seaside town of Whitstable in Kent and I will be away until Monday 3rd August. I will however have my computer with me and Ste will continue to answer all your queries attend to any mini-crisises in my absence. This is a man with a Masters Degree in Project Managament and I hope you are already noticing the structure and backbone he is bringing to Brocantehome. I do believe he was heaven sent… via my Mum….
Ok so that’s all for now me lovelies: do enjoy the last week of July won’t you and I will see you here very, very soon.